Sunday, August 9, 2009

Structured Life

By the way, something I've been thinking about and wondering about your opinions...

Speaking of the challenging relationship with my sis but the enjoyment I get from Kaia, I was thinking of offering her a weekly babysit (say Wed. or Thurs night each week). I appreciate I guess more "structure" and scheduling, so I can make plans to do whatever I want to do, whether it's paint or be with the dogs, or just be home, but they can be more spontaneous. So it seems weekly might be a good solution. It could also be a disaster... i.e., then they begin to expect more ... and more room for disappointment (on both ends) when I say no on a weekend or whatever. But maybe if I offer during the week, I've satisfied both parties.

Also, I've tried to view this relationship in the past couple years as a "what have you done for me lately" view, meaning, I feel like I'm the one giving all the time. It's pretty much true, but, I'm wondering if I just can't look at it that way. It is what it is - and it's going to be a 1-way relationship right now. Perhaps changing as Kaia gets older, not sure. It really is fun being with Kaia. I want to start getting my life back in order as well, i.e., start working out in the mornings like I used to with Lauren, etc., and maybe knowing that I need to work out on x & y days but not on days I know I will have Kaia, could work. Is this making any sense at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment