Mom's tests are still good - the hospital continues to do more testing but are ruling out a ton of things. Her stress test results today turned out good...the test itself was hard on her and she sounded exhausted, but she sounded good. I called the siblings to let them know and told them I thought it would be best to not have visitors tomorrow. I don't know if that message will really be "heard" or not. My uncle will be there for her next test, which is a stimulation of the adrenals (long story but different than the steroids she's been on). We're now trying to figure out when she's coming home (well, to Stillwater), and we need to get her changes of clothes since she'll be staying with us for a bit, and maybe her car. My sister and her husband continue to infuriate me and I'm exhausted but came home early from work today and slept. I finally found a therapist and I know that will help to talk to someone about all this family stuff and the pressures I feel. Tomorrow, work and then decisions about what I'm doing next (driving back to Tulsa, or driving to Morris to get Mom's stuff, etc.)
Thanks for all the support and calls. I'm off to Walgreen's to pick up my sleeping pill which I cannot seem to sleep without (oy, I know ... not ideal but it works). It feels SO good to be home tonight with the dogs and in my own bed. I slept her last night but don't even remember it. The dogs I think are happy to have me home too. More later,
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment