Monday, October 5, 2009

October Already?

Here it is October. I am so far behind on emails and phone calls but thinking of you guys! Mom is still staying with me but probably gets to go home after her doc appt this Thursday. We've had a lot of fun and laughs and I'm glad to have had this time with her. It's going to be eerily quiet at my house now, and I am thinking, if I some day meet the "right" person, someone who can move and live in sync with you, then maybe living with someone wouldn't be so bad. I know I and the dogs will miss her. In my small house, I'd say we've done really well together. Her b/p has been mostly good and the doc will tell us what's next for her when we meet this Thursday. She's been off ALL medications (she was on a bunch) since she left the hospital; not sure they will put her on some again or not. I'll probably take that afternoon off. Turns out her adrenal system was ok, which seemed strange to me - I thought it would have been that.

Saturday morning, Mom & I went to watch our little KOSU news reporter, Gail, (she's very petite) drive a big community transit bus in a parking lot obstacle course ... it's something they do each year here, get the "celebrities" to drive a bus I believe to raise awareness of community transit. It was pretty funny and we had a good time. It was kinda cold out so Mom & I went to Starbuck's afterward and Steph & I walked Boomer Lake after that. The weather has been amazing and I'm enjoying the cool crisp air (Mom is constantly cold). It felt good to get exercise other than walk the dogs. Steph & I had a pretty good conversation (for us anyway). She has a 3rd job interview with Blue Cross Blue Shield but it's in Tulsa not OKC, so she's torn about whether she/they want to move there if she gets the offer. Anyway, after the walk, Mom & I babysat Kaia for about 3 hours Saturday evening and then I was hopefully "done" with the family thing, exhausting but mostly good. Sunday was supposed to rain and I told Mom, I'm staying home all day, to clean, organize, chill, watch a movie. And that's what we did. It was so nice to be at home for a full day.

Things have been crazy busy at work, getting ready for our next on-air fundraiser in 2 weeks, and it seems I have very little "alone" time at work or home so I'm feeling pretty pulled in many directions, but, doing ok. Dealing with a different kind of anxiety than I've had in the past (chest) and a sinus infection but I think it's on its way out. It's been nice talking to my new therapist about all the issues with my sister; having an objective person who doesn't know my family to comment or help guide me on what seems to be perhaps one of the more challenging relationships I've had. It may seem so obvious, but she suggested, having grown up around my dad, my family is most likely prone to push people away, not embrace each other in. And I do think that's what my sis and I do with each other. Funny how our family influences us still.

Well, I've been writing this all a.m., in between work stuff, so I better get off here. I hope to talk to you soon. Next Saturday I'm doing a suicide prevention walk in Tulsa and will probably meet with my dad somewhere afterward but alone time = phone time. I hope you are all enjoying the fall weather you're getting there! Love, P

No comments:

Post a Comment